Date:      Sun, 21 Oct 2001 16:19:43 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Jed Clear <clear@alum.mit.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HTML Release Notes

--==_Exmh_-1707768792P

If memory serves me right, Jed Clear wrote:

> I was trying to find out if 4.4 supported an AHA-2842, and found that
> the release notes for 4.4 on www.freebsd.org no longer have the hardware
> list, or links to it.  I found both hardware.txt and hardware.html in
> the source tree, but it really ought to be linked in
> www.FreeBSD.org/releases/.... Perhaps straight off of
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/index.html, between Release Notes and
> Errata.

If you found the hardware notes anywhere in the www tree, they're very
likely for 4.4-STABLE or 5-CURRENT.  This is a recent addition to the
Web site, so recent in fact that I haven't gotten around to doing the
"glue" pages necessary to make it really usable yet.

I'm just about to commit the hardware notes for 4.4-RELEASE to the Web
tree, and they should show up in the next 24 hours or so.  We didn't
need to do this explicitly for prior releases, because they were
included along with the release notes (this was really painful to
maintain).

Thanks for the suggestion!

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-1707768792P