Date:      Sat, 4 Mar 2000 20:48:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Nick Faso <fason@aasis.albany-academy.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   POP3 not authorizing correctly

I am running a FreeBSD 3.3 system.  I am trying to get POP3 working
correctl.  The POP server is running, but when I try to check my mail
through an external mail client it fails at the authorization stage.  It
just doesn't seem to accept my username or password.  We recently had a
cracker infiltrate our system, through an exploit in QPOP, but I'm not
sure if that has anything to do with the problem. Any assistance would be
great.
Thanks,
Nick Faso

aaSiS - aasis.albany-academy.org