Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 2004 22:34:30 -0400
From:      Matt Juszczak <matt@atopia.net>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Redirection with a bridge ?

I know its layer 3 ... my point is that FreeBSD's bridge supports IPFW,
and IPFW allows for some IP-related things ...filtering by source IP,
destination IP, etc. etc.  But in the man page for ipfw, it says that
the "forward" command in ipfw is not supported on layer 2 (bridging,
etc.).  So I was wondering if there was a way to forward specific IP
traffic without using NAT or routing (just strictly bridging).  Someone
on IRC mentioned that its possible, but would require a custom program....

Thanks,

-Matt