Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 2004 23:15:40 +0100
From:      Matteo Riondato <rionda@gufi.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Creating Compressed Loop FS from stdin

--=-iTnCslV98sUySqT0X+/5

Hi folks!

I think you know what FreeSBIE
is and that we use compressed loop filesystems for /usr and /var
directories on our LiveCD.=20
At the moment, to create compressed filesystems, we rely on
sysutils/cloop-utils, but I know /usr/bin/mkuzip is present in HEAD and
in RELENG_5 and would like to switch to that. However, it seems that I
cannot create valid cloopfs with mkuzip.
To create the cloop image, I use:

/usr/local/bin/mkisofs -lrJL $FREESBIEBASEDIR/usr | /usr/bin/mkuzip -v \
-o $FREESBIEBASEDIR/cloop/usr.cloop -s 65536 /dev/stdin

(similar line for /var clooped image)

Creation of the clooped images does finish without any error, but I
cannot mount it:
#kldload geom_uzip
#mdconfig -a -t vnode usr.cloop
md0
#mount_cd9660 /dev/md0.uzip /mnt
mount_cd9660: /dev/md0.uzip: Input/output error

Can you give me any hint? Perhaps I'm missing something in the creation
of the image.
I will provide further information if needed.
Thank you in advance.
Best Regards
--=20
Rionda aka Matteo Riondato
GUFI Staff Member (http://www.gufi.org)
FreeSBIE Developer (http://www.freesbie.org)
BSD-FAQ-it Main Developer (http://utenti.gufi.org/~rionda)
Sent from: kaiser.sig11.org running FreeBSD-6.0-CURRENT

--=-iTnCslV98sUySqT0X+/5

--=-iTnCslV98sUySqT0X+/5--