Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 2010 19:01:55 +0200
From:      Torgeir Hoffmann <twhoffma@gmail.com>
Subject:   iwi0 and spontaneous reboot on /etc/rc.d/netif restart

Hi,

over the last 6 months or so, I have been so unfortunate to experience
spontaneous reboots when I restart netif.
Most of the time it leaves no trace in logs, but this time I was "fortunate"
enough to be able to scrible down something while in console.
I hope someone can shed some light on this - and I will be happy to provide
a config files if necessary - it's basicly a standard setup with
iwi0, wpa_supplicant connecting via wpa. It is a T42 with a Intel 2200BG.

There is no issues in other OSes, so I figure this to be a driver specific
problem. This is from handwritten notes, so there may be some inaccuracies.
It is FreeBSD 8.0-release.

wlan0: ieee80211_new_state_locked: pending SCAN -> AUTH transition lost

Fata trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
cpuid=0; apic id=00
fault virtual adress          = 0xc4bd71b4
fault code                       = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer          = 0x20:0xc0f78867
stack pointer                  = 0x28:0xc439ab7c
frame pointer                 = 0x28:0xc439ac34
code seqment                = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x16
                                      = DPL 0, pres 1, def 32 1, gran 1
processor eflags            = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process              = 0 (iwi0 taskq)
trap number                   = 12
panic: page fault
cpuid = 0
Uptime 13m9s
Cannot dump. Device not defined or unavailable
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort.

Best Regards,

Torgeir