Date:      Fri, 13 May 2005 10:29:22 +0200
From:      Heinrich Rebehn <rebehn@ant.uni-bremen.de>
To:        Mohan Srinivasan <mohan_srinivasan@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nfsrvstats.srvrpc_errs rapidly increasing

Mohan Srinivasan wrote:
>>>Are you using NFS/TCP ? Can you force the mount to NFS/UDP ?
>>
>>Yes, we use TCP. It is strongly recommended for multispeed networks and
>>we did have problems with retransmissions using UDP.
>

> I'm not disputing the merits of NFS/TCP. I suggested this merely as
> a workaround, and to see if the bug in question is causing the hangs.

I will try it on a single machine when the problem occurs again. ATM,
everything runs flawlessly :-)

>>Wouldn't it be better to fix the bug? Is there a problem report on this?
>

> Of course it would be better to fix the bug. But until someone fixes it...
>
> There's no problem report on this.

I wonder if it will ever get fixed then..

Since i am neither familiar with kernel sources nor with the internals
of NFS: Could you show me, where the bug can be traced, i.e. at which
point one can detect that the stream is out of sync? I would like to
insert another log() in order to see, if
- the error occurs at all
- is in any way related to our problems.

--Heinrich