Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2001 10:25:05 -0500
From:      "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>
To:        Patrick <patrick@eahd.or.ug>
Cc:        Craig.Burlingame@nokia.com, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fa_select startup

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 06:31:12PM +0300, Patrick scribbled:
| On Thu, 21 Jun 2001 Craig.Burlingame@nokia.com wrote:
| > Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the various sources on how to get
| > the NetGear FA410TXC card to work.  I have now successfully loaded FreeBSD
| > v4.3 onto a Toshiba Tecra8000 with the NetGear card.  The only issues I now
| > face, is how, and where, to automate the running of fa_select so that it is
| > executed before the start of the network services (but after pccard starts).
| <snip>
|
| What about just putting a line in /etc/rc.local (the same line you would
| type at the prompt to start it as root).

The best way would be like this:

card "Lucent Technologies" "WaveLAN/IEEE"
	config  0x1 "wi" ?
	insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device start
	insert  sh /etc/setup_wi
	remove  /etc/pccard_ether $device stop
	remove  /sbin/ifconfig $device delete

/etc/setup_wi is a shell script that does whatever setup
I wish to do to the card.

Of course, I am lazy, but you can do the same thing for
remove, before the $device stop.  Such as shutting down your
VPN and things like that.