Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 17:27:53 +1100
From:      justin <marcus@ozramp.net.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   help

      heya's freebsd dudes
i got a few questions
ok i have 2.2.5-STABLE and when i dial i type ppp -background isp
it dials and connects but sometimes i can't do anyhting, like telnet ftp
irc or anything
like 3 out of every 6 times it woulfd actualy connect properly, i went
on freebsd on #efnet, and everyone told me wot ppp.conf should say so i
tried all combinations
and it still sometimes doedn't work,
is this right for the dns files
/etc/hosts
127.0.0.1                    localhost
/etc/host.conf
            hosts
            bind
/etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 203.17.73.1
nameserver 203.17.73.2

i like change all the files and still only sometimes it works :((((
please hellpppp
cause its realy bugging me cause the phone bill gets realy high wen
hardly any calls work

2. how do i get a patch from click nuke, it dissed me from my isp :((((
thanks alot
please try to help mmeeee with question 1.
from paul