Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 2003 13:16:55 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   not installing under PREFIX

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99

I'm working on a port of Sun Grid Engine and I've got a question
about an odd installation issue.  SGE is one of those poorly behaved
applictions that insists on installing all of its files under a
single directory which must be in the SGE_ROOT environmental variable
when it is run.  My port currently installs with SGE_ROOT equal to
${PREFIX}/sge which should be fine for most people, but I'd like to
support installation at an arbitrary location.  Is there a reasionable
way to do that?  The only real issue seems to be with the plist.  I
can't figure out how to have files live somewhere other then under
PREFIX.  I suppose I could do something hackish like make SGE_ROOT default
to something ${PREFIX}/${SGE_ROOT_SUFFIX} and then let the user choose
an arbitrary directory by setting PREFIX=3D/ and SGE_ROOT_SUFFIX to the
absolute path.

You can download a work-in-progress port from:

http://people.freebsd.org/~brooks/sge/sge.tar.gz

-- Brooks

--=20

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99