Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2007 11:48:12 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        henrik@gulbra.net
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org, mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com
Subject:   Re: usb/umass, devfs: this sucks

In message: <1198689316.1119.382.camel@Particle>
            Henrik Gulbrandsen <henrik@gulbra.net> writes:
: Look at it from my perspective: I would be happy to complete my fix for
: the infamous five-year-old usb/46176, so people can finally detach umass
: devices without having to manually unmount them first. However, it will
: undoubtedly take a non-trivial amount of time to reproduce and eliminate
: the remaining issues.

There's no patches in this bug.

: I'm more likely to put in that effort if I believe
: that my patches may actually end up in CURRENT, but if a one-line fix
: such as that in usb/78984 has not been applied after more than a year,
: how long will it take for patches that involve multiple subsystems?

The patch in this bug is wrong.  There are devices that are an odd
number of sectors.  This is one of the places where the obvious patch
isn't necessarily right.

Warner