Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 1999 12:27:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        m <kamidesu@hotpop.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: multiple questions

On 11-Dec-99 m wrote:

>  Hi. This is my 3rd week with FreeBSD and these are my questions:
>
> How can I have various X screens the way I have various ttyvs? ttyv0,
> ttyv1, ttyv2, etc.

You need to use a window manger such as WindowMaker, fvwm2, or KDE (to name a
few) that use virtual desktops.  This will give you mulitple X screens.

> How can I switch between the Windows in a SCREEN? The default X
> server has 2 windows. I want an easy way like in windows95: CTRL-TAB.

You have to configure this in your window manager.  I know that all of the ones
listed above support this functionality.  Note that while I personally use
fvwm2 because I like to customize stuff a whole lot, if you are just beginning,
WindowMaker or KDE might be easier to get started with because they have nice
graphical configuration tools.

>  I'd like the source code for hangman, I didn't download the sources.
> Hope I made myself clear. Thanks a lot. Merry Xmas, btw.

Fire up /stand/sysinstall, go to Configure -> Distributions -> Src -> Games and
you can download the source to everything in /usr/games.  You can also use this
method to install any other distributions should you find later on that you
want them.

HTH.