Date:      Wed, 07 Jan 1998 10:00:02 -0800
From:      "Eugene M. Kim" <gene@nttlabs.com>
Subject:   All X applications locked (was Re: pgcc compile of kernel)

Ollivier Robert wrote:

> According to John S. Dyson:
> > Try using the pgcc at ftp.goof.com.  It uses egcs as a base, and appears to
> > compile the kernel correctly, except with "-mcpu=pentiumpro -march=pentiumpro
>
> I tried compiling the kernel with pgcc-971225 with "-O3 -fno-inline -pipe
> -mamdk6". It compiles OK, seems to run fine until I got into X11. I
> couldn't run any xterm, they were all locked in "inode" state.

I rebuilt the entire world and kernel yesterday (Jan 6), using sources
from -current CVS tree around 5:10pm, and found the same problem.  All X
applications which access the screen are locked either in getblk or in
inode state.

The kernel built the day before (Jan 5) around 12:00pm didn't have the
problem.

Hope this helps,
Gene

--