Date:      Sat, 19 Jul 1997 13:45:35 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Rick Lotoczky <rickl@ic.net>
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: major timer/APIC code changes.

Hi,

> -current of today and SMP kernel of today (7/19/97).
>
> the uniprocessor kernel runs fine, but the SMP kernel panics with
> something like "can't physically attach 8254 to PIN0"
>
> This is a SuperMicro P6DOF motherboard.  Last kernel built was 7/13/97
> and all seemed to work okay.  How do I disable the automatic attachment
> of PIN0 to the 8254??

looks like I need to fall back and punt...  For now, anyone seeing a panic
message like:

8254 redirect via APIC pin0 impossible!

should comment out i386/include/smptests.h:

#define APIC_PIN0_TIMER

Please don't do this unless you encounter this panic, then try it and report
results.  Include your mptable (-dmesg not necessary).

--
Steve Passe	| powered by