Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 1996 11:13:15 -0500
From:      rjk@sparcmill.grauel.com (Richard J Kuhns)
To:        "Richard Wackerbarth" <rkw@dataplex.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status of -stable

Richard Wackerbarth writes:
 > > Richard J. Kuhns writes:
 > >  > from FreeBSD-stable/ctm on freebsd.org represents the most current bits
 > (if
 > >  > it doesn't, please ignore the rest of this message :-), I still have a
 > >  > problem.  I first ran "rm -rf /usr/src", then used the "install.sh"
 > script
 > >  > from the 2.1 CD to reload everything.  I then used ctm to apply all of
 > the
 > >  > patches since src-2.1.0015C.gz (I've been saving them as I get them) --
 > no
 > >  > problems.  "make world" fails in libF77: "don't know how to make
 > >  > F77_aloc.c".
 > >  >
 > > Oops, the "make world" actually fails in libf2c, not libF77. Sorry.
 >
 > There were quite a few changes that went into today's (115) update. I think
 > 114 may have had only most, but not all, of Jordan's backing out.

For what it's worth, the 115 update didn't touch libf2c.  I grabbed the
libf2c Makefile from the -stable src on freebsd.org, and it was correct.  I
guess I don't understand how ctm updates are created; starting fresh from
the CD and applying updates thru 115 (the most recent), I don't end up with
what's sitting in -stable/src.

More FWIW: `make world' still doesn't, even after I replaced the libf2c
Makefile; it crashes while working on libc.

Are these reports actually helping anyone?  If so, fine, I'll keep
chugging.  If not, I'm just going to apply updates thru 90-something, make
world, and wait for the SNAP...
--
Rich Kuhns			rjk@grauel.com
PO Box 6249			Tel: (317)477-6000 x319