Date:      02 Feb 1998 15:07:35 +0100
From:      dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling Coidan Smørgrav)
To:        "Ross Potts" <rpotts@med.osd.mil>
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Overclocking a Pentium 120

"Ross Potts" <rpotts@med.osd.mil> writes:
> I have a PC (Compaq Presario with a Predator motherboard) that I have
> successfully overclocked to 133 (132.67 actually, 66*2) from 120.  I get no
> error messages in FreeBSD at bootup in 133.  When I overclock to 150 (152.74,
> 50*3), I get a message pertaining to, if I remember, unable to sync the disks

Why do you want to overclock to 150 MHz? Your system will run faster
at 133 MHz than at 150 MHz. Remember, bus speed is a *lot* more
important than processor speed.

"When in doubt, consult http://www.tomshardware.com/overclock.html"

--
 * Finrod (INTJ) * Unix weenie * dag-erli@ifi.uio.no * cellular +47-92835919 *
  RFC1123: "Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send"