Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:55:35 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Victor Balada Diaz <victor@bsdes.net>
Cc:        "Andrey V. Elsukov" <bu7cher@yandex.ru>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [ATA] and re(4) stability issues

On 10Dec, 2008, at 10:11 , Victor Balada Diaz wrote:

> Thanks for explaining me what the flags do. I'm not skilled enough =20
> to create
> the DMA quirks but if you could give me some patches i'll test them. =20=

> Also
> if you have any other idea on what could i test or how can i debug =20
> this
> it would be more than welcome.

Comment out the following two lines in ata_ahci_dmainit():

         if (ATA_INL(ctlr->r_res2, ATA_AHCI_CAP) & ATA_AHCI_CAP_64BIT)
             ch->dma->max_address =3D BUS_SPACE_MAXADDR;

And you will not use 64bit DMA even if the chipset supports it. =20
However I have not seen any chipsets supporting this fail, YMMV as =20
usual :)

-S=F8ren