Date:      Sat, 1 Aug 1998 20:57:50 -0500
From:      "Frank Pawlak" <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        "John Turi" <kookoo@mail13.voicenet.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: XF86 -

On Oct 2,  8:15pm, John Turi wrote:
> Subject: XF86 -
>
> Dear Sir / Madam:
>     I am a new user of FreeBSD 2.2.6. I have used Linux since the early days.
I have had a lot of experience with xf86config. In BSD, I cannot seem to pull
up any X-server display better than 16 color generic 320x200. I am now using a
Diamond Stealth 2 G460 with the Intel740 Controller. I have 8 megabytes of
video ram. Is there any compatible configurations to @ least pull up the
display in True color or @ least 256 color w\ 640x480 resolution? I've been @
it for hours looking for something to weRk. Your PAckage seems to have the most
goodies I've ever seen in any distrubution yet. I can't wait to see X  - Full
Blown. :-)
>                     Thank you for your time . . .
>                                 kookoo@popmail.voicenet.com
>                                                         John
>
> [ Attachment (text/x-html): 1901 bytes
>   Character set: iso-8859-1
>   Encoded with "quoted-printable" ]
>-- End of excerpt from John Turi

What version of FreeBSD are you using?  Have you tried setting-up X using
XF86Setup? That generally gives the best results.

Frank