Date:      Sat, 04 Mar 2000 21:25:45 -0500
From:      Matt Gostick <matt@crazylogic.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   floppy tape drive (Colorado 1400)

I'm having a difficult time with my floppy tape drive...  I've never set
it up on FreeBSD before (or any other tape drive).  I using 3.4 STABLE
as of a week or so ago.

I added the following to my config file and recompiled

controller      fdc0    at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2
disk            fd0     at fdc0 drive 0
tape            ft0     at fdc0 drive 1

I don't have a floppy drive in this computer...  but if I don't have fd0
in the file I get error when compiling the kernel.

dmesg | grep "relevent info" show this:

fdc0 at 0x3f0-0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2 on isa
fd0: 1.44MB 3.5in
fd0: 1.44MB 3.5in

(the two fd0 lines are not a typo)

When I try and run ft I get the following error:

ft: /dev/rft0: Device not configured

Although in /dev I have:

brw-rw----  2 root  operator    2,  32 Mar  4 20:41 ft0
brw-rw----  2 root  operator    2,  32 Mar  4 20:41 ft0a
crw-rw----  2 root  operator    9,  32 Mar  4 20:41 rft0
crw-rw----  2 root  operator    9,  32 Mar  4 20:41 rft0a

Anyone have this type of drive working? or know if it's possible?

Thanks,
--
Matt Gostick <matt@crazylogic.net>
http://www.crazylogic.net/~matt