Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:28:03 -0300
From:      Marcio Merlone <mm@surf.com.br>
To:        John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upgrading installed ports after CVSup

John Bleichert wrote:
> I've CVSup'd my system to 4.7 and all is well. Tonight I CVSup'd the ports
> tree. Now, a couple quick questions:
>
> Is there an automated way to upgrade all my installed ports, if an
> update is available? Or do I just do it manually by remaking them?
>
> Is this a job for portupgrade? I'm trying that now. What is the accepted
> method for upgrading installed ports?

Yes. I did a portupgrade -a on my workstation (Compaq Deskpro PIII 800
(+-) w/ 128RAM and it took about 2 days compiling my 377 installed
packages. I just had to fix some inconsistencies with pkgdb -F
(return-return-return...) first, answer "Accept" when got to compile JDK
and everything got smooth.
Those inconsistencies came becouse it was FBSD 4.5, upgraded to 4.6 and
to 4.6.2 and now to 4.7 and this was the first time I did portupgrade.

[ ]'s

--
Marcio Merlone