Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:56:46 +1000
From:      Michael Vince <mv@thebeastie.org>
To:        Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org, Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com>
Subject:   Re: Dual-core CPU vs. very large cache

Yes I was going to point out a article from Anandtech as well.

Its an older one but someone on Anandtech is a SQL performance article
benchmarking different server CPUs on Database performance.
It concluded that large CPU cache is very important for Databases.
Basically said having a large CPU cache it helped performance more for
databases then most things they ever benchmark such as benchmark
differences shown in Office apps and multimedia tests.

The AMD Opterons are real performance leaders ATM right now no doubt.
I also understand why you must get Dell, some of the other hardware
suppliers are just to hard to deal with, I tried to get a Opteron server
out of HP and after about 1 month of getting excuses about CPU shortages
etc I went back to Dell.
Off topic here is a kind of cool article I think a lot of people can
identify with, http://joyeur.com/2006/03/20/the-sun-doesnt-shine-on-me

Mike