Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 2002 07:31:56 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, kde-freebsd@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: C++ problems

The following is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message
created by Enigmail/Mozilla, following RFC 2440 and RFC 2015
--------------enigABA4BB84CB06ED240FC4ABBC

Wesley Morgan wrote:
> I cleaned up my /usr/lib and /usr/include file of stale headers/libs left
> after the libstdc++ upgrade (maybe this should be in src/UPDATING??), and
> now any port that uses C++ & autoconf fails to configure...
>
> checking if STL implementation is SGI like... no
> checking if STL implementation is HP like... no
> configure: error: "no known STL type found - did you forget to install
> libstdc++-devel ?"
>
> However, the configure script WILL succeed if I manually run configure
> with the same options (grabbed from ps). Weird... Anyone have some
> thoughts on this? It's a little annoying :)

I just hit the same problem while trying to compile KDE stuff. In my
case it stems from bsd.kde.mk adding -I/usr/include to CPPFLAGS, causing
gcc to change its include search order. Lacking further insight, I don't
know the proper fix there, but I got around it by simply removing
-I/usr/include from bsd.kde.mk.

Regards,
--
Michael Nottebrock
"The circumstance ends uglily in the cruel result." - Babelfish

--------------enigABA4BB84CB06ED240FC4ABBC