Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 01:41:54 -0400
From:      sysadmin@alliedtours.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Booting...

I had posted a few days earlier about this problem, and I think that boot0cfg is the soluiton.  I have messed around with this, though, and cannot do what I want to do.  After I had moved my freebsd installation from one disk to another, the first stage of booting, where it tells you to press F1 to boot FreeBSD or F5 to boot XXX, etc, now says Invalid Partition.  I have to manually specify ad(0,e)/boot/loader [it defaults to ad(0,a)/boot/loader].  This is [i think?] boot0, which boot0cfg configures.  I have read the man page, and am not able to do it such that it will automatically boot from ad(0,e)/boot/loader.  This worries me, because I will be leaving to go 800 miles for a few days, and if something were to happen, the machine would not come back up.

Thank you for your time, even just to read this.  [Please also CC the message to the "From: " address]
andrew