Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2000 09:26:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@pike.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        mjacob@feral.com, "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, dcs@FreeBSD.ORGG
Subject:   Re: Loader badly broken on the alpha

Peter Wemm wrote:
> Matthew Jacob wrote:
> >
> > I think I had determined (I thought) that it was just loader itself, but I
> > could be wrong.
>
> The problem is that the loader is now too large, it cannot fit inside the
> ~208K window that boot1 has got available to it.

Isn't there a better solution where we can change the way in which we do memory
setup in boot1 so that we can get rid of this limit?  Or at least make it
significantly larger?  I thought you mentioned something along those lines
at Usenix..

--

John Baldwin <jhb@bsdi.com> -- http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/