Date:      Sat, 9 May 1998 09:40:20 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com, Andrew Short <Ashort@concentric.net>
Subject:   Re: O'Reilly Book.

On Fri,  8 May 1998 at  7:41:53 -0700, Josef Grosch wrote:
> On Fri, May 08, 1998 at 05:17:32AM -0400, Andrew Short wrote:
>> On Fri, 8 May 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:
>>
>>> Correct.  They're currently evaluating the current (second) edition.
>>> Don't expect it from O'Reilly much before the end of the year.
>>
>> Can I get it from anywhere else while they "figure it out"?
>
> Yes, it's called "The Complete FreeBSD" 2nd edition but I would suggest
> that you purchase a copy from O'Reilly when they do publish Greg's book. We
> want to encourage O'Reilly to publish FreeBSD books. They think that there
> is a market for them and one of the prime gauges for a publisher is book
> sales. The more sales they make their version of the Complete FreeBSD the
> more likely they are to publish additional titles.

There are a couple of good reasons to buy the book from Walnut Creek:

1.  It's available now.
2.  It is probably more complete than the O'Reilly book is going to
    be.  The O'Reilly book won't have the man pages, and more
    significantly, Andy wants to remove other stuff as well.  The
    jury's out on this one, but I may send the issues here for further
    discussion.

Greg