Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 20:46:11 +0200
From:      Nevermind <neve_ripe@yahoo.com>
To:        Joseph Stein <joes@joescanner.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make release & CVSROOT

Hello, Joseph Stein!

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 10:29:57PM -0800, you wrote:

> > > I'd like to know what else needs to be done to get make release work with
> > > CVSROOT?
> >
> > You need to get the whole CVS tree using the provided
> > /usr/share/examples/cvsup/cvs-supfile, and not only the CVSROOT, which
> > contains mainly configuration parameters for cvs. You will need at least
> > several GB of free space, as stated in the Makefile.
>
> Right now, the whole cvs repo (as fetched by
> /usr/share/examples/cvsup/cvs-supfile) is registering at about 1 gig.  I
> did an entire make release (on 4.2-STABLE) on a 3G partition, with 650MB
> left over.

Could all of us send me some tips on your experience in `makereleasing',
because right now I'm trying to assemble all this hints together to contribute
to FreeBSD community handbook article about building releases?

P.S. I'm not reacable right now at never@nevermind.kiev.ua, use
neve_ripe@yahoo.com instead.
--
NEVE-RIPE
	The instructions said to install Windows 98 or better,