Date:      Thu, 03 Sep 1998 09:49:48 -0700
From:      "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.Org>
To:        lukin@okbmei.msk.su
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: ldap-3.3

lukin,

I would like to discuss with you the possibility of
updating your LDAP port to OpenLDAP 1.0.  OpenLDAP 1.0
is derived from Umich 3.3 and offers numerous
enhancements and bug fixes.  OpenLDAP should run
"out of the box" on recent versions of FreeBSD (some
components require threads support).  We are quite
willing to incorporate changes in the distribution
as you might recommend to improve FreeBSD support.

Information about OpenLDAP is availabe at:
	http://www.OpenLDAP.org/

We would be willing to assist you in updating this
port.  If necessary, we would be willing to develop
the port ourselves.  However, we would prefer to work
with an experienced maintainer.

Kurt