Date:      Mon, 8 Jun 1998 18:41:08 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Threads library bug

I have tracked down an LDAP bug to the threads library.

Specifically, if the "ldif2ldbm" program is linked against libc_r
(which it does not require unless the ldap server itself is built
threaded), then it produces zero-length .dbb database files.

If it is linked against libc, the problem goes away.

This appears to be a problem with the dbm routines using the
libc_r system calls to do their thing?

I am attempting to identify the precise problem, but you should not
expect a fix for a while.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---