Date:      Tue, 07 Dec 1999 14:15:28 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        "Viren R.Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: Using USB modules with an USB keyboard...

>Is there any way to use only the USB KLDs (i.e. remove all the USB
>options from the kernel config file) on a machine that has an USB
>keyboard?

Add "flags 0x100" to syscons.  Note this is still an experimental
flag.

device sc0 at isa? flags 0x100

>I tried doing this (removed all the USB options from my config file,
>but left KBD_INSTALL_CDEV). However, this caused the kernel build to
>fail with undefined symbols when compiling the syscons stuff. So, I

Would you provide your kernel configuration file and exact error
messages when you compiled a kernel with this configuration?

>tried it with putting the normal keyboard line back in (atkbdc and
>atkbd), but this just caused the system to look for a normal
>keyboard.

And the atkbd driver fails to find an AT keyboard, right?  That should
not cause any problem to you. Or, did you find any trouble?

But, if it still bothers you, you may "disable" the atkbd driver
included in the kernel, by specifying

device atkbd0 at atkbdc? disable irq 1

Kazu