Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2002 22:04:55 -0500
From:      Julian Peterson <weaver@earthcorp.com>
To:        Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>, Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: tcsh [TAB] ; man someth-[TAB]? [ctrl-d?]

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 9:51 pm, Peter Leftwich wrote:

> I have often wondered and worried about this "<ctrl-d>" simulation of the
> tcsh's [TAB] functionality -- is not there a risk of hitting "ctrl-d" and
> having your login exit??

ctrl-d does 3 different things depending on where you are.

1/ At the end of a statement it will list all available options for
completion.

2/ In the middle of a statement it will delete the next character after the
cursor

3/ On an empty line it will exit the shell.

Regards,

Julian Peterson.

--
Booze is the answer.  I don't remember the question.