Date:      Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:20:47 +0100
From:      fandino <fandino@ng.fadesa.es>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mkhomedir.so is missing =(

JP wrote:
> I need some help trying to locate or how to obtain/build a file
 > named "mkhomedir.so"  this file is needed to create home directories
 > after logging in successfully though winbind.  I am running FreeBSD 5.3
 > Release, and Samba 3.  I am unable to locate this file anywhere.

I'm using "preexec" as a workaround to the missing mkhomedir.

[homes]
         comment = Home Directories
         valid users = %S
         path = /samba/%u
         read only = No
         browseable = No
         # automatic home directories creation
         root preexec = if [ ! -d "/samba/%u/" ] ;\
                        then { mkdir -p "/samba/%u/.winprofile" ;\
                               chown -R %u "/samba/%u" ; \
                               chmod -R 0700 "/samba/%u" ;} ; \
                        fi