Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 1997 02:03:16 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, taob@risc.org, jkh@time.cdrom.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New team roster list! (was Re: RSA 56-bit key challenge)

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Charles Henrich wrote:

> > Who cares about $1000?
>
> I'll take a $1000 :)
>
> > If vex's group win , it will bring a lot of attention to FreeBSD and
> > guess who they will have to deal with if people want to start using
> > FreeBSD ? 8)
>
> Nah, I doubt it will bring all that much attention to FreeBSD..

	I'd have to agree with Charles on that...

	As far as this whole thing is concerned, I'm more impressed with
linuxnet.org's attempts...last I checked, they had over 4000 hosts working
on the problem...and just the fact that it says 'linux' in the domain will
give *alot* of exposure to Linux, even if not all the hosts are running
Linux...

	We *really* should have an @freebsd.org entry, which would give
us a helluva lot more attention.  If we were to start up an @freebsd.org
entry, with plugs to it from www.freebsd.org and with official endorsements...

	how many freebsd related hosts are out there?