Date:      Tue, 26 May 1998 19:58:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Scott Michel <scottm@CS.UCLA.EDU>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   MSDOSFS question/bug?

Here's what my partitioning looks like:

- sd0s1: MSDOS primary
- sd0s2: FreeBSD
- sd0s3: MSDOS ext

(I split the MSDOS primary in twain at one point after installing FreeBSD,
 another can 'o worms, but eventually I got back on track.)

My problem is that pmp->pm_Heads and pmp->pm_SecPerTrack = 0 for the
extended partition, which causes the kernel to not want to mount the
partition.

Question: How do I go about fixing FreeBSD (if possible) or the
DOS partition data w/o wiping out the FreeBSD disklabel?

-scooter