Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 2015 18:41:12 +0100
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trouble generating INDEX

On 11/12/15 16:59, Matthew Seaman wrote:

> What you have installed should ideally have no bearing on making an
> INDEX.  What will affect the INDEX are settings in your /etc/make.conf
> or similar and various OPTIONS choices that can modify the dependency graph.

I thought so... but: I have (had) nothing mysql-related in
/etc/make.conf, and no OPTIONS for amarok-kde4 (which I never installed).

> This
> works fairly well if you're always building from ports directly on the
> machine where the software will be deployed

I do.
I'm always building from source on the same machine that will run the
program.

> but it really doesn't help
> when you're installing packages built elsewhere.

Not my case (at least not yet).

> I thought however that MySQL wasn't one of these, and the dependency
> version choice is entirely controlled by whatever the setting in
> DEFAULT_VERSIONS was.

In any case I solved now; I'm just writing in case it can help others.

  bye & Thanks
	av.