Date:      Sun, 05 Nov 2000 18:43:03 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WARNING: later VAIOs (eg: PCG-F690) with ATI chipsets == trouble

In message <200011060129.eA61TQK75981@mobile.wemm.org> Peter Wemm writes:
: 1: the default pccard (oldcard) address is 0xd0000 and overlaps with the
: rom, which causes pccardd to see garbage instead of the CIS>

This is easy to change.

: 3: NEWCARD doesn't seem to have any way to change the CIS window address.
: It merrily maps into 0xd0000 and then explodes in the kernel probe due to
: the "garbage" CIS there.

It should.  However, right now there's lots of things that NEWCARD
does that are kinda bogus...

Shouldn't we be doing the PnP BIOS recognition algorithms on the ROM
area and not allowing any one to allocate the ROM area?  How possible
is that?  IIRC from my reading of this stuff it should be really
simple to add.

Warner