Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:57:10 -0500
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        Omer Faruk Sen <ofsen@enderunix.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ftp-master.freebsd.org

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 02:29:30PM +0200, Omer Faruk Sen wrote:

> I wasn't following this mailing list for a while. I have just realized that
> cvsup server runs on ftp-master requires ~/.cvsup/auth file.
>
> How can I receive one for ftp-master ? I manage ftp.tr.freebsd.org mirror
> which is Tier 1 ftp mirror.

We don't require that method of authentication for the FTP mirror
sites connecting to ftp-master.  We just use an access control list
based on hostname or IP address and any hosts not on that list are
rejected.

If you have been using a different access method to connect to ftp-master
(either rsync or ftp) nothing special needs to be done if you want to
switch to using cvsup instead.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu