Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 2008 07:52:21 -0600
From:      "B. Estrade" <estrabd@gmail.com>
To:        perl@freebsd.org
Subject:   question about porting CPAN Modules -> FreeBSD Ports

I lurk on the Perl6 lists, and they seem to be discussing the new
Perl6 "CPAN," calling it "6PAN". My question is, how are CPAN modules
currently ported to FreeBSD ports and how important would it be for
those 'in the know' to have some input?  I ask because they're talking
about a package model that would supposed allow automatic conversion
to an .rpm or .deb.  Is there an equivalent FreeBSD "bundle," or would
this still have little bearing on FreeBSD's Perl module ports?

Cheers,
Brett

--
B. Estrade