Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 19:16:34 -0500
From:      "dale sleeper" <daz31337@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Sound Help

I am having trouble setting up my sound.  I have a Crystal WDM Audio Codec
sound card and the driver is a Crystal WDM Audio Codec by Cirrus.
It is PCI and PnP and the FreeBSD handbook told me to use device pcm and the
device csa.  I compiled the kernel and it compiled without a problem. Then
the handbook said to cat /dev/sndstat and it should say pcm. When I cat
/dev/sndstat I get a response of Divece not configured.
Currnetly I have device pcm at pci? irq 11 drq 3 flags 0x0 and the device
csa and the kernel compiled with that to but when i cat /dev/sndstat I keep
getting the same error. Any advice would be helpful. I have wrecked by brain
over this for three weeks.  I do not know the chip set of my sound card and
don't know how to find out. Some advice on that would be nice. I have an IBM
Thinkpad A21e with Windows 98SE inside of an extended partition and my drive
c: is outside the partition.  My FreeBSD 4.3 Release is on a 2gig partition.