Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 2004 10:42:59 -0700
From:      chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installed mysql/php/apache but there's no mysql.sock file

Yesterday I installed, from pkg_add, mysql/php/apache and apache and php
work fine, mysql did not create the /tmp/mysql.sock file. I have
searched the drive looking for it in another location but it does not
exist anywhere. I then created a file in /tmp called mysql.sock but
mysql still gives the same error -[error 2002] cannot connect to local
mysql server through /tmp/mysql.sock (2).
I read the section in the mysql manual about the socket but don't see
anything about creating this file.
How do I fix this?
Thanks,
Chip