Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 2004 12:51:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Claudiu Bichir <claudiubichir@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boot manager problems

Hello guys!
I have 2 partitions on my hard drive (ad0) one with Windows XP, the other one with FreeBSD 5.0. Like usual I had problems with windows and I had to format the first partition and reinstall windows. But as you know the instalation deleted the FreeBSD boot manager. I rebooted with a FreeBSD cd and typed "fdisk -b /boot/boot0 ad0" which indeed brought the boot manager back but even now when I press F2 ( the key assigned to FreeBSD) it beeps instead of booting the system.
Is there a problem with the disk geometry ? Because if it is then I'm pretty helpless,I am a newbie regarding this OS.
Can I recover my data or do I have to delete the whole FreeBSD partition and reinstall the OS ?