Date:      Mon, 3 Jul 2006 21:15:03 +0100
From:      "ganael.laplanche" <ganael.laplanche@martymac.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   [DADVSI] aMule ports : looking for a new maintainer

Hi folks,

I'm sorry to inform you that I've decided to stop maintaining the 2 aMule ports
net-p2p/amule1 and net-p2p/amule2. I created them about 3 years ago and have
been maintaining them since.

I live in France and it has become too dangerous for me to maintain them. The
new "DADVSI" law has just be approved, and the one who shares a "p2p software
obviously dedicated to piracy" incurs 3 years of jail and 300.000 euros. The law
is not "active" yet, but it will be very soon. Even if I really don't think aMule
is a piracy software, this might not be everybody's opinion. Moreover, a good
citizen has to respect the law, so I'll do.

I've just changed the Maintainer to ports@FreeBSD.org. I've also warned the
aMule team and removed links on my Website (http://contribs.martymac.com). I'd
be happy if someone could take care of those two orphan ports...

Here is the related PR : http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=99753

Best regards,

Ganaël LAPLANCHE
ganael.laplanche@martymac.com