Date:      Mon, 7 Jun 1999 02:08:58 -0500
From:      "Doug Jennings" <dougj@netdoor.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   silo overflow errors

Argh.  After finally getting user ppp to work, I keep running into the
following problem.  Once I establish a ppp connection and I try to
send/receive any data whatsoever  (for example, opening a telnet session), I
get the message:

/kernel:  sio0:  1 more silo overflow (total 1)

The 'total' goes up each time I send/receive any data (for example, if I
issue a "ls" command in the telnet session and have to receive the output of
that).  It slows down my 28800 modem to an absolute crawl.

Any ideas on a fix for this? I am running a fresh installation of FreeBSD
3.1 and I am using an external USR v.everything courier modem.  I know that
it has to do with some buffering issue -- I just don't know how to fix it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Doug