Date:      Sun, 15 May 2005 21:22:17 -0700
From:      Christopher Cox <nuopus@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound playing through mic jack

Hello, I am having a problem in FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE where all audio is bein=
g=20
played through the mic jack instead of the one it is supposed to. I have=20
read problems like this before about AC97 audio chips.

I have been able to play MP3 music through this jack, so I know the snd_ich=
=20
driver is working properly. Problem is I cannot just switch jacks using=20
wires because this is a laptop.

In Linux I could just add AC97_QUIRK=3D1 to my configuration and it would m=
ake=20
the sound right ... but I cannot seem to find an equivelant in FreeBSD.=20

Is there some kind of kernel option or even a source patch I could use?

BTW, I have an Intel 82801 ICH5 chipset.
--=20
Christopher Cox
nuOpus@gmail.com