Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 1995 15:53:13 -0700
From:      rjiang@akbs.com (Ruiyuan Jiang)
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Configuring newly installed FreeBSD 2.0.5

Hi,

Right now my newly installed FreeBSD 2.0.5 system can boot and can ping
outside world. I have a question about DNS issue. I don't know where I
can specify my DNS in the FreeBSD 2.0.5. I can't find DNS part in
sysconfig (I mean under /etc directory of course I can use hosts table
but this table is not for general internet use). This system will be
used as our Usenet News testing server. I don't know how to configure
the system to server as Usenet News server (I only know that I need to
enable the NNTP port of /etc/services). Can anyone out there help me to
figure it out? Since the file name, etc is differnet with our
HP-UX systems, I can't fully follow the HP-UX manuals. Thanks in
advance!

Ruiyuan Jiang
System Administrator
ADVANTAGE kbs, Inc.