Date:      Sat, 25 May 2002 22:18:38 +0100
From:      "Martin Perry" <Martin@raq.cx>
To:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Question: Port user creation/removal

Hi,

I am working on a update for a port that is currently broken
(games/quakeserver) as part of the installation it requires a user account
to be created to run the server process under.

I have got the port to create the user but I was wondering the best practice
in these cases when it comes to the ports/package removal, should I have the
created user account deleted. If so would the best way to do this to place
an entry in the pkg-plist file like so:

@unexec pw user del quakerun

Thanks and congratulations to all on reaching 7000 ports!

Martin Perry
Martin@raq.cx