Date:      Sat, 27 Jun 1998 11:51:08 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Malte Lance <malte@webmore.com>
To:        Danielh <danielh@herrenberg.netsurf.de>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Subject:   RE: ICQ problems again...

On 26-Jun-98 Danielh wrote:
> HI
>
> The script allways had execute permission, but I still get this weird
> 'permission denied' message.
> I guess it has something to do with the jdk (1.1.5), but anyway here is
> the
> ICQ script:
>
>#!/bin/sh
> /usr/local/java/bin -classpath  /root/ICQJava/ICQ.jar:/root/ICQJava
> Mirabilis.ICQ.NetAware.CNetAwareApp -path /root/ICQJava

Have a look at "/usr/local/java/bin"
What is it ?
Yes a directory.
Now tell me how you are going to execute a directory ?
Yes ... i don't know either.
So what are you going to do now ?
Yes ... change the line to "/usr/local/java/bin/java ..."

> (Last two lines should be one line)
>
> The JDK is in /usr/local/java
> ICQ is in /root/ICQJava

Hm ... as root ??? ... ICQ ... then good luck.
Why don't you just create a 'normal' user for that ???

Malte.

E-Mail: Malte Lance <malte@webmore.com>