Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 2008 10:03:18 -0400
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+mill@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez <rnsanchez@wait4.org>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org, Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de>, ports@freebsd.org, Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Subject:   Re: what is gio-fam?

=D7=A6=D7=D4=CF=D2=CF=CB 15 =CB=D7=A6=D4=C5=CE=D8 2008 08:55 =C4=CF, Ricard=
o Nabinger Sanchez =F7=C9 =CE=C1=D0=C9=D3=C1=CC=C9:
> Not quite. =9AI also faced this, but was lucky to discover in time (not
> closing any open app) where this dependency was coming from. =9AThe only =
port
> I had to update was glib, a couple of times, and gio-fam was finally buil=
t.

> This was instinctive, but worked.

"A couple of times"? Congratulations...

One should not need this luck, nor this instinct, however.

Until I decide to upgrade gnome, all other gnome-using ports should be cont=
ent=20
with the version of gnome I already have...

This is all patently obvious, I might add. The automatic gio-fam dependency=
=20
should be made smarter and/or optional (depending on which gnome is already=
=20
installed).

Going forward, one hopes, gnome-team will not be so cavalier in forcing=20
upgrades...

 -mi