Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:58:10 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@acadia.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Web interface for sendmail.

On 08/16/01 10:44 AM, Linh Pham sat at the `puter and typed:
> On 2001-08-15, Louis LeBlanc scribbled:
>
> # SquirrelMail is a great web interface, but keep in mind it is not an
> # interface to sendmail.  Sendmail is the MTA (Mail Transfer Agent), and
> # its only job is to transfer mail to a relay or a mailbox.  In order to
> # use SquirrelMail, you will need an Imap server installed.  I haven't
> # kept up with it lately, but last I checked, SM did not do pop.  You
> # MUST have some kind of MDA installed to get mail at a remote location.
>
> Oops... forgot to mention that :(
>
> I believe I am using PHP with IMAP support compiled into it as well as
> uw-imapd for IMAP. I know it's not very secure, but it works for now :)

Yes, but SM recently implemented its own IMAP interface, so if you
don't happen to have IMAP support compiled into PHP, you'll still be
ok.

Lou

--
Louis LeBlanc       leblanc@acadia.ne.mediaone.net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 ԿԬ

There can be no twisted thought without a twisted molecule.
    -- R. W. Gerard