Date:      Tue, 23 May 1995 22:21:30 -0700
From:      asami@CS.Berkeley.EDU (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de
Cc:        mark@grondar.za, jkh@freefall.cdrom.com, wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: top(1)

 * >I suspect that this person is actually asking "Why is top not part of the
 * >standard distribution?".
 *
 * Exactly.

For one thing, it is fairly frequently upgraded and works with only
minor changes for FreeBSD.  It is much easier to maintain a port of a
piece of software in that case than having it in our main source tree.

But it really doesn't matter, building a port is about as easy as life
can get, and you can even install a package.  These stuff are all
going to be on the CDROM anyway, so there isn't much reason to further
bloat our main source tree.

Satoshi