Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 2000 22:19:02 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
Cc:        Yang Pan <pany@ans.ih.lucent.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: where to get 3com network interface card driver?

Ryan Thompson wrote:

> Kent Stewart wrote to Yang Pan:
>

> > > Yang Pan wrote:
> > >
> > > where to get 3com network interface card driver? (3com 3c509b-TPO
> > > driver for freeBSD)
> >
> > Search /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT and it will show you the driver for
> > the 3c509. You can search for 509 it will show you that the driver is
> > the "ep". It is built into the GENERIC kernel, at least it is on
> > FreeBSD 4.0.
>
> I have a handful of these cards in the office for uplink.  It's been "ep"
> since 2.x, I believe.

I had the 3C595, the 10/100 pci variety in my Micron. I think it
caused more Windows 95 gpf's than any other hardware product in that
machine. Micron only had one busmaster pci slot in the Millennia and
if it wasn't in it, it was only a matter of time until the gpf. I
finally replaced it during the Win 2000 beta when they dropped
support. The Intel Pro 100+ works much better. The 3C595 is on a shelf
beside the Micron to remind me of foolish purchases :).

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

SETI(Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) @ HOME
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html