Date:      Sun, 26 Jun 2005 08:56:12 -0700
From:      Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Cc:        Zousys Info <info@zousys.com>
Subject:   Re: JDK installation

On Saturday 25 June 2005 21:25,  the author Greg Lewis contributed to the
dialogue on-
 Re: JDK installation:

>On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 11:17:23PM -0400, Zousys Info wrote:
>> After spend couple days in java port study, I start to install it. I try
>> linux-sun-jdk14, after download  a chunk of supporting libs I
>> successfully install 1.4. Buy when I try to install linux-sun-jdk15, it
>> throw a error:
>>
>> ===>  linux-sun-jdk-1.5.0.04,2 does not run (core dumps: Bad System Call).
>>
>> Please be noted, before I run 'make install', I used cvsup to update my
>> whole ports set and download the jdk-1_5_0_03-linux-i586.bin to my
>> distfiles in /usr/ports
>>
>> Any suggestion?
>
>Use the native jdk15 port or upgrade to a newer version of FreeBSD
>(linux-sun-jdk15 will run ok under 5.4).
Do Not do "make install"
I suggest you make sure your ports collection is up to date using cvs , then
"make clean", then "make" from the ports directory and then "make install".
David

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing  bound for Europe via Panama Canal when
new engine has been installed.